- Urine spraying
- Attention-seeking behavior
- Demanding or pushy behavior
- Rolling on the floor
- Raising hind end into the air
- Wiggling hind end when the back spine is stroked
- Begging to go outside
- Rubbing its face on things
- Her heat cycle stops
- Their Nipples Look Different
- They're A Lot More Hungry Than Usual
- They're More Affectionate Than Usual
- They're Vomiting
- They're Nesting
- Their Tummy Looks Bigger
Stages of a Cat's Pregnancy
There are 5 cat stages of pregnancy.
1)The first stage is when a cat goes into feline estrus (also known as heat). This is a cat’s fertile period.
2)Once a cat mates and the egg is fertilized, they enter the 2nd stage of their feline pregnancy. This is where your cat will begin to show signs of being pregnant.
3) In the 3rd stage of pregnancy, the kittens begin growing quickly and your cat will continue to gain weight and develop a belly.
4) The 4th stage is where your cat begins labor, roughly about a week before she is due. During this stage, she will begin nesting and about two days before the kittens arrive she may even stop eating.
5) Finally, in the fifth stage, your cat will begin labor. Of course, labor is never comfortable, and if your cat is a new mama she may behave as though she is anxious, pace, and meow or yowl. The first kitten is usually born about an hour after labor begins, and then a new kitten should follow roughly every 15 to 20 minutes until all have been born. Most cats will know what to do from that point. Your new mum will begin to clean up her litter and eat the placentas.