Terms & Conditions & Site Rules
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which you may use our website. Petsrehomed whether as a visitor or Registered User.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you start using Petsrehomed. By using Petsrehomed, you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms please do not use Petsrehomed.
You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Advert posting Rules
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks of age before they leave their mother.
- A photo of the litter with the Mother must be on the advert.
- Adverts must be posted in the correct category
- If the pet is a cross breed that must be stated clearly in your description and advertised in the mixed breed category.
- Photos must be of the actual pet you wish to re-home and not one from the internet or elsewhere.
- You must be the owner of any pets you advertise. If you are advertising a litter of kittens or puppies, they must be owned and have been bred by yourself.
- We do not allow the advertising of litters of puppies or kittens that you have bought from third parties for the purpose of selling.
- If you are regularly advertising litters you must obtain a breeders licence. If you have a breeders licence this must be supplied on the advert. If we believe you are breeding regularly without a breeders licence we will remove your advert, without notice.
- Do not advertise pets as presents, e.g. for Christmas or Valentines day.
- We do not accept adverts for “designer” pets and we will remove any advertisement which contains descriptions including words such as "Micro", "Teacup" (or any variation of), "Miniature" (unless referring to a miniature pedigree breed), "Designer" or any other similar expressions.
- You will not advertise any banned breeds for re-homing. We will not accept advertisements for dogs of the following breeds or cross breeds: Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino or Fila Brasiliero.
- Pets advertised must be bred and located in the UK .
- We do not allow any pets to be advertised that have been imported in to the UK for the purpose of sale.
- Only dogs which are family pets may be advertised on the Site. You may not advertise working dogs of any nature on the Site or dogs that have been security or protection trained or whose primary role is for hunting, working or guarding.
- You may only advertise a docked dog if the dog has been docked by a vet (and you can prove this to the new owner) and/or the docking has been carried out in accordance with the The Docking of Working Dogs’ Tails (England) Regulations 2007.
- You will not offer any pet for sale, for the purpose of breeding, for example advertising a stud dog for sale or a dog for sale that is in season.
- You must be able to show all puppies and kittens to any prospective owner with their mother and (if possible) their father.
- We do not allow pregnant pets or an pet you think may be pregnant to be advertised.
- You will not seek to swap or exchange any pet.
- You have clearly identified all health and welfare issues associated with any animal you wish to re-home.
- If you are advertising an animal which is listed under Annex A of the CITES regulations for endangered species ( such as some tortoises, snakes and birds), you must state in the advert that you have a valid article 10 certificate.
- We do not accept adverts for any types of monkeys.
- We do not accept adverts for any wild caught animals or ay animals which come under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act.
- We do not allow adverts for pets which offer delivery or any courier service.
- We do not allow animals to be advertised as food.
- All pets for re-homing must be available for viewing at your home or place of business.
- If the pet you wish to re-home is registered with any governing body, i.e. Kennel Club for Dogs or GCCF for cats, you must state the this in your advertisement and be able to provide all paperwork to verify that registration if required.
- We do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to advertise a pet for sale, adoption or stud on the website. Also, we do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the website to contact an advertiser. If you are advertising a pet via the Petsrehomed website, you must ensure anyone adopting or buying your pet is at least 18 years of age.
- In order to meet PAAGs minimum standards, we reserve the right to refuse any advert(s) that may compromise them.
- We reserve the right to decline any adverts or ban, close or suspend any users account if we suspect you are behaving in an irresponsible way.
You warrant and agree that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- you are at least 18 years old or if you are a Minor you have the prior written consent of your parent or guardian to become Registered User.
- you will have only one Account with us
- all of the information you give to us when you open an Account is true, accurate and complete and that you are not opening the Account for anyone else
- if you follow any links we have on the Site, you will read the T&Cs on the sites we link you to
- you won’t use robots, spiders, scrapers or similar things on our Site
- you won’t try to get around any things we put on the Site to stop or limit access to parts of it
- you won’t do anything that might cause our Site or System to crash
- you won’t steal, borrow, copy or otherwise obtain the Site or any part of it for use in any other site or application
- you won’t try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with this Site, its System or the services it offers
- you won’t copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own
- You are solely responsible for your Content when using Petsrehomed. We are not responsible, or liable whatsoever, for the content or accuracy of any Content Posted by you or any other user of Petsrehomed.Any Content you Post to Preloved will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By Posting Content you grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free and sub-licensable licence and right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such Post and Content for any purpose.
- That you have any relevant licence issued by the Local Authority to enable you to carry on your business and will provide complete and accurate information relating to that licence in your Account details
that the details you enter in your Account are complete and accurate in all respects
that you do not operate a pet shop or are in any way associated or connected with a pet shop if you are advertising dogs or cats for sale
- All information you submit is complete, accurate and truthful.
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- You must enter your correct full address before placing an advert, this must include your house number, street address and postcode. We may ask you to verify your home address if we decide it is needed. However, we will not publish your address on the website.
- You will use only one account to advertise any pets you own or breed. For example you will not create and use multiple accounts under different names and addresses to attempt to hide the actual number of pets you breed or advertise.
- If we receive complaints regarding your account, you must resolve any issues to both the customers and our own satisfaction.
- You will not share your Account with anyone, or advertise pets on your account on behalf of other people.
- You will keep your Account details confidential and secure.
- You will not give your password and login details to anyone else.
- You will log off when you exit the Account – to prevent unauthorised use by others.
Price and Payment
Some Services require payment in full before their use. In such cases the amount payable will be clearly indicated.
We may change our prices from time to time.
Prices include Value Added Tax unless otherwise indicated.
We will not start to provide the paid-for Services (and shall be under no obligation to do so) until we have been paid in advance in accordance with these Terms.
You have agreed that we will begin to provide the Services immediately on our issuing a Confirmation. Please note that once we have issued a Confirmation, provided you with a copy of these Terms in a durable medium and we have begun to provide the Services (i.e. activated your account) you may not cancel or amend our contract and you will lose any cancellation rights which you may have had under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulation 2000. This does not affect your other statutory rights and you may still cancel our contract where you are legally entitled to do so, for example, in accordance with these Terms or because of our breach.
Sellers may list Items, buyers may find Items.
We are not responsible for contracts for the supply of goods, services or information formed through Petsrehomed (or as a result of visits made to Petsrehomed) between you and other Petsrehomed users. We are simply an advertising platform.
Any contract is between the buyer and the seller and is subject to the terms and conditions which are implied by law or which the buyer and seller agree between themselves or both. Petsrehomed is not a party to the contract between the seller and buyer nor is Petsrehomed liable under it.
We do not provide any warranties or assurances in relation to the Items you purchase (or attempt to purchase) from third party sellers through Petsrehomed, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on Petsrehomed, and any such warranties and assurances are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller. If you would like information about your legal rights you should contact your local trading standards or citizens advice bureaux.
No Duty to Monitor or Moderate
We are under no duty to you to monitor or record the activity of any Petsrehomed user.
Content generated by Registered Users is not moderated.
We have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor any Posting or Content and we have the right to refuse, reclassify or remove any Post or edit any Content, for example (but without limitation) if:
- (a) in our opinion, such material does not comply with our Terms; or
- (b) we are notified that it may be offensive, illegal or defamatory.
Please note that Content includes messages sent via our on-line messaging service. This means that messages are not confidential and are not proprietary. We may view, refuse, reclassify or remove messages even if you have not opened the message.
We have the right to cancel any Advert which you place on the Site and/or to cancel your Account:
- With immediate effect and without notice if we know or suspect that you have broken any of these terms and conditions; and
- with immediate effect, if we give you notice to that effect by email to you for any reason we, in our absolute discretion, think fit.
Limitation Of Liability
The material displayed on Petsrehomed (including without limitation Content and Posts) is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- (a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- (b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with Preloved or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of Petsrehomed, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- (i) loss of income or revenue;
- (ii) loss of business;
- (iii) loss of profits or contracts;
- (iv) loss of anticipated savings;
- (v) loss of data;
- (vi) loss of goodwill;
- (vii) wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for our fraudulent misrepresentation or our misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Without prejudice to the general limits on our liability
(a) we are under no obligation to you to monitor or record the Postings, Content or other activities of users of Petsrehomed;
- (b) we do not assume any responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of Items;
- (c) we do not assume any responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any Postings or Content;
- (d) we make no promises, warranties or guarantees about your ability to buy or sell Items using Petsrehomed;
- (e) we are not responsible for third parties. For example, it is not our responsibility if a seller does not deliver Items, if the Items are not as described or if a buyer does not pay for Items.
Commentary and other materials posted on Petsrehomed are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to Petsrehomed, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.